20 views 0 comments

Gang rape victim recognise three out of four accused in Tihar Jail

by on December 28, 2016

New Delhi: US woman who was gang raped in a five-star hotel at Connaught place eight months ago has finally recognized three out of four accused arrested by Delhi Police on Tuesday. Victim boarded a flight to way back home later in the evening.

A 25-year-old victim has identified tourist guide Aniruddha Singh, a bus driver Om Prakash and helper of bus Maksud. However, she failed to recognize the cleaner of hotel Park.

In a packed Day, Delhi Police first brought the victim to Metropolitan Magistrate Harvinder Singh of Patiala House court. She recorded her statement and narrated the entire incident before the judge. Police also submitted the application for the test identification parade of the accused in the Tihar Jail, which was accepted.

“Since victim had to board the flight in the evening, we requested Judge to make time the same day for test identification parade. To this, metropolitan Magistrate Pankaj Sharma agreed to come to the Tihar jail,” a police officer said adding that we reached the jail along with the victim. She identified three out of four accused in the presence of a judge in the afternoon.

All the four accused, arrested a day before were produced before the judge on Tuesday morning. Police told the court that they didn’t wish their custody and requested to sent them in Judicial custody. Court send them in Tihar Jail in two days judicial custody.

US woman told the court that she came to Delhi in the month of April this year with one tourist company. Tourist guide along with four other accused gave her drink laced with some intoxicating substance. She falls unconscious after drinking it. They raped her for the next two days in the hotel room.

She further said she did not tell about the incident to anyone and went to Jaipur along with the other member of the trip before finally going back to home. She even did not tell the incident to her parents for few month at home and later musters up courage and narrated the incident to her mother who, with the help of one NGO, contacted Indian establishment.

Police registered the case in the first week of December and arrested four out of five accused on Monday. Police, however, could not locate the fifth accused as yet.

Be the first to comment!
Leave a reply »


You must log in to post a comment