14 views 0 comments

Jawan crossed LOC a day before executing surgical strikes, says report

by on February 9, 2017

New Delhi: The jawans who took part in surgical strikes in September last year had crossed the LOC a day before the operation. Even some teams had sneaked in the forest of Pakistan occupied Kashmir two days before the strikes.Detail of the operation that has now come into public domain revealed that teams under to supervision of major Rohit Suri, Deepak Kumar Upadhaya, Captain Ashutosh Kumar and others had conducted the surgical strikes.

Strikes were executed on the intervening night of 28-29 September 2016, where Lashkar terrorists, who were about to infiltrate in the Indian territory to unrest the Kashmir Vally, were neutralized by our brave soldiers.

As per the report, Major Suri entered into Pakistan occupied Kashmir (POK) along with Eight subordinate with the help of four paragliders. Before the team could start the operation, militants started firing at the team. Suri instructed his team not to retaliate initially. They engulfed the launch pad till six in the morning and gave befitted reply with the first light of the sun in the morning at 6 AM.

In the head-on battle, a team of major Suri’s slain all the militants on the launchpad. According to the report, similar kind of operations was conducted at another launchpad near the line of control by different teams of the army. Opposition leaders might have raised a question mark on the truthfulness of surgical strikes, but government applauded its soldiers and gave bravery award to its 19 soldiers who took part in the surgical strikes.

According to sources, Subedar Vijay Kumar reached the area near launchpad a day before the surgical strikes and gave information about the location and positioning of the militants to Major Suri. It is then the Rashtriya rifle jawans in different teams and conducted the strikes. In a similar manner, the team under Major Rajat Chandra hide them self in the forest area for almost two days. They crossed the international border on September 27 and waited for the final nod before conducting the operation on the night of September 28-29. The entire operation was filmed in the camera fitted drone that was flying above the launch pad.

The Army had made different plans for the safe rescue of its soldiers. Many other teams were on the stand-by in case any untoward incident happen with the soldiers. “Since all the launch pads of terrorists were located near the international border, we had decided to make further teams for their safe come back. Fearing the head-on collision with the Pakistan ranges, the army also had roped in the Indian Airforce for the operation'” an officer said on the request of anonymity.`

Be the first to comment!
Leave a reply »


You must log in to post a comment